The Australian Smart Cities Awards are the nations first and only national dedicated smart cities award scheme established to recognise and reward leadership, celebrate best practice and stimulate action to advance the smart cities movement.
Submissions to inaugural year (2018) are now closed. We would like to thank all the organisations and individuals that submitted.
The award categories include:
- Digital City Services.
- Smart Cities Strategy.
- Built Environment.
- Social Impact.
- Research and Innovation.
- Regional Leadership.
- Leadership City.
- Smart Cities Leader – (Government, Industry and Emerging Leader).
A seven-person Jury has evaluated the submissions, under the guidance of its Chair, Mr David Singleton AM. The Jury consists of:
- Brook Dixon, President, Australian Smart Communities Association
- Amanda Newbery, Founder and Managing Director, Articulous Communications
- Janine Griffiths, Managing Director, Accenture
- Meredith Hodgman, Executive Officer Client Group, Austrade
- Eamon Waterford, Acting Chief Executive Officer, Committee for Sydney
- Johanna Pitman, Program Director CityConnect, BlueChilli
The winners of the awards will be announced at Smart Cities Week, at a special awards reception on Tuesday 30th October. The reception will be an evening of celebration and networking – an event that will become a highlight of the smart cities industry in the region.
We look forward to opening submissions for 2019 next year.
Enquiries about the awards should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
The intention of these awards will be to showcase work that’s done well in this sector, to encourage people to think about how they might showcase the work that they do in order that it can be communicated more broadly. Awards programs such as this are vital in assisting with communication to industry and even more broadly to the community. These awards will help to articulate what activities are occurring, how they’ve taken place, what they are aiming to achieve and what ‘good’ looks like.
David Singleton AM
Chairman, Non Executive Director, Director, Board Member, Advisor